Saturday 8 November 2008

Gym take two

Tom & I joined a gym 1 1/2 years ago & have been going regularly (apart from a few periods of lapses in attendance) ever since. But since starting work I have found it hard to find a suitable time to go. This mainly because my gym membership only allowed me to go in the mornings. Well last month Tom decide we were just wasting our money & that we should quit & find something else to do. Problem is we couldn't find anything else to do & with winter coming on the option of going for a walk/run outside everyday just isn't appealing. So it's back to the gym. We have found one that is cheaper & allows us to go at anytime of the day. You can definatley tell that it's cheaper though...no individual TV on the treadmills, no free coffee & breadrolls, no heat adjustable showers. But I guess those are all just frills & the main purpose of the gym is still attainable.

6 comments:

  1. Huh? What would you want coffee and breadrolls at the gym for anyway? I thought the gym was for working off the extra food you've already consumed, not offering more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but you always eat something after being at the gym & better a breadroll, than going across the steet to McDonalds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah no...I don't eat after being at the gym until it is a normal meal time. And Peter especially doesn't feel like eating after exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also thinking (and Peter just made the same comment), wouldn't it be better for the gym to offer pieces of fruit instead of bread roll. A bread roll doesn't has little nutritional value and most people already eat more bread products than they should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always used to eat a musli bar or something after the gym when I was with you. Plus it usually is a meal time when I'm finished the gym either breakfast or lunch. I'm always hungry after I exercise.

    Yes some fruit would be better, but it's denmark we're in. 1. fruit is awfully expensive 2. It's danish tradition to eat breadrolls in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only ate when it was morning tea time - and so when you were with me because we did a 8.30am class, that meant it was a little before 10am when we were leaving, which is morning tea time for the kids and me. Also isn't the whole tradition/habit thing half the reason people are overweight, because they eat it just because that's what you do, instead of because it is nutritional for you - another reason I think it is dodgy for a gym to offer bread rolls.

    ReplyDelete