Thursday 4 December 2008

Julefrokost "Christmas Party"

Lit trans: Christmas lunch. However it's a bit like the wedding breakfast, it doesn't matter what time of the day it is.

Last Saturday we had our work Christmas party. It was held at one of my collegues house. They had ordered food from a catering company & the menu was as follows:

Entre:
Rugbrod & sild (rye bread & raw fish)
Tiger prawns on stick, with peach relish
Crab salad on green asparges
Russian rissoles with apple & prune kompot

Main:
Roast beef
Bagt laks med flødestuvet spinat (baked salmon with cream stewed spinach)
Æbleflæsk (not sure how to describe this, will get back to you.)

Dessert:
Rice pudding & cherry sauce
Cheese platter

Supper:
Coffee & biscuits

But instead of having just all the dishes on a table & you take a little of whatever you want, each dish came around individually & you had a small portion of it. So in actual fact we had a 10 course meal!!

Inbetween the entrees & mains we learned to dance the salsa. They had hired a teacher to come & give us a one hour lesson. It was lots of fun, but a little hard on my back. It was also fun to see Tom dancing, something I had not been able to get him to do.

We went home at 12:30am, due to the fact that I was literally falling asleep sitting in my chair!!On Monday though I heard that the others hadn't gone home until 3am.

Another interesting fact to note is that you get really dressed up. ie. formal dress. Of course my helpful husband didn't inform me of this until I got out of the shower & was in the process of getting dressed!! Hence we got there 1/2 hour late.

No comments:

Post a Comment