Wednesday 1 July 2009

Answer

Well I went to the midwife yesterday, so I asked her about the chocolate & citrus issue. Apparently it does have to do with the fact that in case you have to have a c-section. Chocolate & citrus cause your stomach contents to be too acidic. But due to the fact that here at least they do 99% of their c-sections with an epidural you don't have to starve completely.

Report on bub was good. Seems to have turned the right way round now & is progessing down into ejection position. All my vitals were also fine. I did have a little sugar in my pee, but midwife said that was probably due to the glass of soft drink I had at lunch.

I also had the danish equivalent of an antenatal class. This consisits of a 1hr session where you watch a video showing 4 different women giving birth & then the midwife hands you a handful of pamphlets covering pain control options, labour process, water birth & care instructions for after birth. She then shows a couple of pictures of how the cervix opens & demonstrates the birth process by pushing a baby doll through a model of the pelvis. Antenatal class completed!!

I have also managed to find a private "antenatal class" that teaches you relaxation techniques etc. It consists of 3 evening classes of 1hr. I have my first one next week.

3 comments:

  1. So is Tom going to the private antenatal classes with you?
    Also, do you mean the baby is desending into the engaged position - not ejection position? Don't know if that's just a translation issue. We usually say the baby is in the engaged position in english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The partner only HAS to come to the second one, so that's what normally happens. He can come to the others if he wants to but he says he'd feel uncomfortable being the only guy there. So I don't think he'll come to the others.
    I know it's called the engaged position, but I was trying to be a little funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just checking about the whole engaged/ejection thing as it is quite plausible that a literal translation might end up being ejection rather than engaged.

    ReplyDelete