Sunday 30 January 2011

Gertie

Today was the day my little "Gertie" should have been born, but it wasn't to be. 
When it first happened I wrote this poem, & I'd like to share it now.

                                GERTIE
Though we never knew or saw you, we loved you just the same.
The day we heard you’d gone to heaven, I can’t describe the pain.
Bucket loads of tears flowed out, nothing could stop the tide.
And oh how my arms they ached, to hold you just one time.

I do not understand the reason, why God took you now.
But I know His ways are best, & that’s my solid ground.
He told me not to be afraid, for with me He would be.
Safe in the arms of Jesus now, one day we’ll get to meet.

Now you’re dancing with the angels, down the streets of gold.
Singing with the angels, and laughing at the sound.
Sitting at the feet of Jesus, who loves you so much more,
Than Mummy ever thinks she could, I’ll say farewell for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment