Wednesday 15 April 2009

The farther

Okay, I'm just sitting here waiting for Ally to get home from Bible study, our TV is in for a repair, it's too early to go to bed but too late to do anything...so why not write something here.

Well, last time I wrote I told you about three project which I was to do over the cold and dark winter months here in Denmark. So here is the status.

Writing a book: Well I managed to write 1½ page which was the introduction.
Making a movie: I never got started
Building a church: Well, we are all part of building the universal church :-) Actually something has happened in this area. In May I get the oppotunity to run a Christianity Explained course at a local church in Esbjerg. That is if anybody turns up for it. We will be handing out invitations in the area and in the central mall in the weekend the 24-25th of April and the course will start on the 6th of May. So please pray that people will be challenged and show up.

Now to something else. As my dear wife has been posting a significant amount of messages about. I am to be a father. As an opposite to my wife who only recently realised the scariness of this though, I've been terrified since the day we found out. Well, maybe that's an overstatment, there are the odd days where I look forward to it. Most of the time I have a hard time realising that it is really happening and that I'm going to be a father, so I try not to think about. However, now as the time is getting closer and all the questions about a pram, cot, baby seat, diapers, is the baby going to sleep inside or outside (to the horror of many people it quite normal to let our babies sleep in the pram outside during the day here in Denmark, yes also during winter), what name can we agree on and so on. These questions have to be answered and decisions have to be made. The cost of a first born isn't to be regarded as insignificant either. So it's getting hard to not think too much about it. Anyway I still think I won't really understand that it's real until the day I'm holding the newborn in my hands...and then I'll really panic :-)

Okay this is the end of my essay. I'm sure my wife will comment on all my spelling mistakes and funny sentences but I hope you'll get the main points.

Till next time may our magnificent God be with you

1 comment: