Friday 24 April 2009

Paris - Day 4

Time to go home, but our flight didn't leave until 3pm so we had a bit of time to fill in. We decided to pack our bags & head out to the train station to the Airport. Once we got there we stopped at a cafe & had a traditional French breakfast. Which consists of a croissant, cup of coffee & cup of orange juice.

Then the search was on. Tom had said I would be able to get crepes with strawberries & cream, something I've been craving ever since being pregnant. However no matter how many places we tried it wasn't to be found & with time running out I had to settle for banana, ice-cream & chocolate instead. I must say it was a pretty good second best!!

With tummys full it was time to head to the airport & catch the flight home. Even that has a funny story. As we were preparing to take off the stewardess came & handed me a pillow & said "for the baby". I wasn't sure what she meant, but apparently it is policy (even though they didn't do it on the way over) that pregnant women have a pillow under the seatbelt to protect the baby if the belt presses in due to turbulance or we crash. I'm really not sure how much good it would do or how glad Little One was for it (he/she did an awful lot of kicking), but I used it anyway.

So now we are home again & slowly settling into the day to day routine again, with many pleasant & funny memories. There are many more photos on our Flickr page.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been given a pillow "for the baby" for any of the flights I've been on in both my pregnancies. Don't understand the reasoning behind it, as a plane seatbelt sits in the same position as the lap section of the belt of a normal car seat (which actually sits more around your hip bones when you have a pregnant belly). And car seatbelts are considered safe to wear when pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I said exactly the same thing to Tom. I just laughed about the way she said "for the baby", that the baby doesn't really need it as it's nice & comfortable in my belly.

    ReplyDelete