Wednesday 1 April 2009

Thought of the day

This is more of a personal revelation, but I felt complelled to share it in case someone else was maybe in a similar situation. 

For a while now my spiritual life has been a struggle. Filled with doubts & a battle to trust God. Sometimes I'd seem to be making progress, only to fall back down again. Today while doing my bible study homework, the following thought/analogy came to me.

It's like I fell down the muddy, slippery side of a mountain into a muddy valley/pit, where I've been flailing & struggling around. Sometimes I'd make it to the side & start climbing out up the steep, slippery slope through determination & self-will, but Satan would give me a little nudge with a doubt or accusation & I'd slip back down into the pit. Then the thought came to me...I don't need to climb up out of that pit, all I need to do is reach my hand up & cry out to God & He'll LIFT me out of that pit!!!

Oh what hope & what a wonderful loving God we have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment