Friday 4 December 2009

Cultural influence

It's amazing the way a culture of a country slowly influences you until you find yourself doing things you vowed & declared you would never do. There have been a few instances of that since I moved over here. The latest is that I put Joshua outside to sleep sometimes. I still don't feel completely comfortable about it, especially now that winter has arrived & tempertures are not so high. But he is well rugged up with a beanie & jacket on & then wrapped in this special 3 layer doona thing. I also have very strict conditions as to when I put him out. It must be sunny & not too windy & the temperature must be above 0 (which actually rules out most days). The main reason that I have given in to this cultural norm is that the couple of times Tom has convinced me to leave him outside he has slept 2hr or more. I must say though that it doesn't work everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment