Saturday 26 December 2009

White Christmas

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Just like the ones I used to know....
Well actually I've never experienced a white Christmas before. But this year my dreams came true & I got to experience a white Christmas. Now apparently it's all very technical, & to be truely a white Christmas 95% of the land must be covered in snow (which it was). However just the fact that all was white outside was enough for me.

As for the activites of the day. They started with the usual gathering of the family for breakfast out at Tom's parent's & then of to cut a Christmas tree. Then because of it being the alternate year, most of the family left to spend Christmas with the in-laws. So that meant that the rest of Christmas was celebrated with just Tom's parents, Pia & ourselves.

The menu for Christmas dinner was Ris alamanda (in which Tom found the almond), followed by roast goose, brown potatos, red cabbage, boiled potatoes & gravy. Then it was time to work off all the Christmas eating by dansing round the Christmas tree, before opening a couple of presents & off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment