Saturday 25 October 2008

Autum is here

My thoughts that I had adjusted well to the Danish climate were dashed this week. It has been getting progressively cooler the last month or so (max. 13-15), but where as normally I'd have been getting round with warm clothes & a jumper I was finding that long pants & a t-shirt were enough. Then this week started & the temperature dropped to max. 10 and the blasting winds so common to this side of Denmark came and the days were grey & rain. Suddenly I was racing to find all my winter woollies & starting my onion phase again (layers).

Of course there are positives to this time of year. One being the beautiful colours of the trees. The best way is to just show you some pictures.



The other positive is being able to sit inside in front of the fire with a cup of hot chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Well, we thought Hawke's Bay would be warm, so I wore shorts on Sunday - and it didn't get above 11C with a gale. I should have followed that onion principle as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked him is he wanted to go back and get his jeans after breakfast in the morning, but he said it would be ok as it would get warmer.

    I also wanted to say that we are also looking forward to Autumn in NZ and seeing all the colours change. We are enjoying the colours of spring at the moment.

    ReplyDelete