Wednesday 15 October 2008

New Job

Well I decided I should write about the most exciting (more like stressful) thing going on in my life at the moment....my new job. For those of you who haven't heard, I started a job 3 weeks ago nursing at the local hospital here, in the recovery ward.
I'm glad to be back into nursing, but it's hard going back to student status after being a fully qualified, independant nurse for 7 years. Having someone looking over your shoulder all the time and having to ask permission to do everything. I can't wait until the 6mths are over and I can't just go about my work & enjoy it.
Of course I also have the added stress of it being in a different culture & language to what I am used to. Also a completely different area of nursing to where I've worked as well. I'm very efficient though at asking...
Are you awake?
Do you have pain?
Do you have nausea?
Do you need to pee?

I should be though seeing as I ask it about 100 times a day!!!

1 comment: