Monday 9 February 2009

Half way over the hill

Well this weekend saw me celebrating my 30th birthday. I had a party on Saturday night with 25 of my friends from various areas of my life (school, Bible study, family). I was trying to have a bit of a BBQ theme as that is what I would have had if I'd been in Australia. So we ordered salads & BBQ flavoured chicken & pork´, & kebab sticks from a catering company. Then Tom & his mum made some cheesecakes for dessert. But with having to hold it inside as it was snowing & too cold outside, the atmosphere just wasn't the same. Though with 28 people crammed into our livingroom it certainly gave the warmth!!


Tom was full of surprises on the night. First he made a choc-peppermint cheesecake for dessert with 2 different layers. It turned out quite good & I think was quite a favourite as it disappeared quite quickly.
Then he had made a photo slideshow complete with speech bubbles/comments. It was quite funny & well put together. I will try to see if I can get it up on the net somehow so you can see it.
Finally he gave me a Nintendo Wii. Though I'm not sure exactly who that was most for...me or him!!!
Then on Sunday (my actual birthday) all Tom's family came for breakfast. Then we had church & after lunch the whole afternoon was spent playing with the Wii.
All in all it was a very memorable & great 30th birthday.
I will post more photos of Flickr

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear you enjoyed it! (your present is still coming)

    ReplyDelete