Tuesday 17 February 2009

Visit to the Earth Mother

Well that's literally translated what they call midwifes over here..."earth mothers". Yesterday was my first visit to mine. In Denmark it seem the midwife takes on more of the responsibility of doing the antenatal checks. You only see the Dr 3 times. at 1mth, 6mth & 9mth. Whereas you see the midwife nearly once a month. Anyway the visit went very well, it was more just a get to know you/information session. But it was good to find out the everything I'm feeling/experiencing at the moment is quite normal & to have some of the questions I had answered. Next time I go will be a group session, so I will get to meet other mums-to-be that are at roughly the same stage as me.

1 comment:

  1. the only reason we see a dr more in oz when using the public system is because the government doesn't employ enough midwives (not enough money) so get around it by letting you go to your private GP for most your visits.

    ReplyDelete